Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Vehicles in Mafia II are authentic to their time period. With 44 accessible vehicles and an additional 12 bonus vehicles, the variation adds an element of realism to the vibrant look of Empire Bay. Vehicles are unlocked throughout the coarse of the game and most passenger vehicles can be saved in the players garages.
Cars can run out of fuel, suffer body damage, collect dirt and explode. Upgrades and repairs can be purchased at any Charlie's Service & Repair. Car trunks and hoods can be opened, and engines can be repaired if they break down. The player can customize many parts of the car to their liking, including engine upgrades, color changes, wheels, tires, as well as personalized license plates. Additional upgrades are added through download of certain DLCs.
- Culver Empire
- Jefferson Provincial
- Lassiter Series 69
- Shubert 38
- Shubert 38 Taxi
- Shubert Series AB
- Smith Coupe
- Smith V8
- Walter Coupe
Trucks and Vans
- Culver Empire Detective Special
- Culver Empire Police Special
- GAI 353 Military Truck
- Italian Military Truck
- Parry Bus
- Police Bus
- Sherman M4A1
- Shubert Snow Plow
- Shubert Truck Covered
- Shubert Truck Flatbed
- Smith Truck
- Berkley Kingfisher
- Houston Wasp
- ISW 508
- Lassiter Series 75 Hollywood
- Potomac Indian
- Quicksilver Windsor
- Quicksilver Windsor Taxi
- Shubert Beverly
- Shubert Frigate
- Smith 34 Hot Rod
- Smith Custom 200
- Smith Mainline
- Smith Thunderbolt
- Walker Rocket
- Walter Hot Rod
Trucks and Vans
- Main article: Downloadable Content in Mafia II
Bonus vehicles are added through five additional DLC vehicle and clothing packs. Each pack contains two exclusive vehicles and two types of clothing to fit each pack. Two additional vehicles are added through download of Mafia II's story DLCs.
- Main article: Charlie's Service & Repair
Vehicles in Mafia II can be modified with three levels of performance upgrades.
- Basic Tuning increases the overall performance and top speed of the engine. This is the only level available in the 1940s era of the game.
- Sports Tuning decreases the weight of the vehicle and tightens up the suspension, giving the vehicle better handling.
- Super Charge increases the engines speed by adding a supercharger. This level is only available if The Betrayal of Jimmy or Jimmy's Vendetta is installed.
Vehicles in Mafia II can be modified with four different cosmetic upgrades.
- Paint. Vehicles can be painted in single or two-tone, depending on the vehicle. 20 colors are available in the 1940s era and an additional 20 are added in the 1950s.
- Custom paint jobs. Eight different custom paint jobs, from racing stripes and decals to flames, are available. These are only accessible if The Betrayal of Jimmy or Jimmy's Vendetta is installed.
- Wheels and tires. Choose from twelve different sets of wheels and tires. Five are available in the 1940s era and an additional seven become available in the 1950s.
- Custom license plates. Change your license plate to suit your personality. Choose up to six characters with numbers 0-9 and letters A-Z.