While at PAX West, Hangar 13 laid out their plans for Mafia III's DLC. They will be bringing out three major story line expansions to the game. Unlike the Mafia II DLCs, Lincoln Clay will be the Protagonist of all three.
The first story expansion will be Faster, Baby!.
- Fast cars, dramatic chases, and stunt driving take center stage as Lincoln joins forces with his former flame, Roxy Laveau, to take down a corrupt sheriff terrorizing civil rights activists on the outskirts of New Bordeaux.
The second story expansion will be Sign of the Times.
- A string of ritualistic killings has New Bordeaux on the edge of terror. At Father James' request, Lincoln agrees to hunt down the cult responsible, a quest that will take him from the dark heart of the old bayou to the drug-ridden counterculture of the inner city.
The third story expansion will be Stones Unturned.
- When a merciless rival resurfaces in New Bordeaux, Lincoln must join forces with CIA agent John Donovan to settle a blood feud that began in the war-torn jungles of Vietnam.
In addition to those three story DLCs, they also announced "Free recurring content." For everyone that buys Mafia III, they will be delivering free new features and content after the game launches. Here’s a quick rundown of what you can look forward to:
- All New Character Outfits. The fans spoke and they listened! They will be releasing new outfits that will allow you to select a look that suits your tastes and define your take on Lincoln.
- Free weapons. 30 days after the game launches, everyone gets the Judge, Jury & Executioner Weapons Pack.
- More vehicle customization. They will be expanding upon the vehicle upgrades that already exist in the game by adding new customization options. You can cherry out your favorite ride with new wheels, personalized license plates, and paint jobs in addition to even more options to boost the performance on your vehicles.
- In-game races. Take your favorite car into the city and enter a series of races where you can earn money, new customization options for your car and other awesome rewards. They'll have more details on how the races will work in the future.
They said there will be more free content down the road. Also, all three story expansions will include new vehicles, weapons, locations, races and clothing. While the recurring content will be free to everyone, the three story DLCs will cost you about $40.00 total unless you buy the season pass, which is currently running $29.99. You can save about $20 by purchasing the Deluxe Edition, which includes the season pass. There's also still time to get exclusive access to the Family Kick-Back Pack if you pre-order the game.