Fandom

Mafia Wiki

Bugs Report 3

  • New update, new list. Post your post car races update bugs here.

      Loading editor
    • PC version still getting random freezing issues. Didn't have this issue when the game was first released, didn't have this issue after the frame rate update. I was running my game at 60 fps just fine until the first clothing update came out, since that time I get random freezing. Happens while driving, on foot, in the pause menu and during cutscenes. My PC meets or exceeds all recommended requirements.

      I've been able to get rid of this issue by lowering my frame rate to 30 fps, but as I said above I had no issues running at 60 prior to the first clothing update.

        Loading editor
    • Mega Bump

      There's a serious design flaw with the Berkley Stallion that's been there all along, but with the introduction of racing it's gone from a minor inconvenience to a major issue. The problem is, the car gets airborne and will even flip over at the slightest bump in the road. I even posted about it in our first bugs report thread, only then I thought the road was to blame, I've since realized it's the car itself.

      Even something as simple as catching a curb as you round a corner or going over RR tracks that cross the road, obstacles that have no effect on other cars, will make this thing fly through the air and even flip over, making it useless in the new races.

      It's not the weight of the car either, other cars of the same size or smaller don't have this issue. While I haven't spent time driving every car in the game, this is the only one I know of that does this to such an extreme.

        Loading editor
    • Here's an update on the above post. The first image is a RR crossing in Barclay Mills, crossing it at speeds above 70 mph or so while rounding the corner will cause what the Stallion to go airborne sideways, as seen in the second image.

      Stallion Bug 1
      Stallion Bug 2
        Loading editor
    • PC: After you beat the game by choosing to leave New Bordeaux, when you respawn at Bellaire's Supermarket and go outside, if you stand next to your car you can hear the radio sound effect of the stations changing. After you enter the car, the radio plays as well as the sound effect, which doesn't stop until you change the station.

        Loading editor
    • Level 5 of the police dispatcher perk calls off the cops for 5 minutes, but the entry appearing in the journal when the perk is upgraded says it's for 10 minutes.

        Loading editor
    • I also found a bug in Mafia 3, when I shoot and destroy a box with a couple of beers upon there, they don't fall and they keep floating in the air. But when I bump into them, they fall

        Loading editor
    • Arms Dealer Bug 1

      I was in Frisco Fields and I called in both the consigliere and arms dealer. First I went to deposit money, and then I heard a loud noise, and when I looked a car had just caught fire and overturned. A few seconds later the arms dealer van came crashing down, having apparently been launched in the air.

      Going around to the other side I see the impact killed the poor guy, and I couldn't buy any weapons from him.
      Arms Dealer Bug 2
        Loading editor
    • Have been noticing cars driving along and suddenly the front end will sink into the road, usually causing them to burst into flames. I've also been seeing cars spawn by shooting straight up out of the road, flying into the air 20-30 feet or so. Haven't gotten an image of it yet though.
      Car Bug 01
      Car Bug 02
      Car bug 03
      Car Bug 4
        Loading editor
    • Another one I get happens in Frisco Fields, you hear screams, kind of like what you hear if you hit an NPC with your car, and I'll find dead bodies nearby. It's like they spawn dead or die immediately after. I've never seen it happen right in front of me, so I can't say what exactly happens, but if you stand around many areas in Frisco Fields you will hear them and if you look around you will usually find them dead on the ground.
      NPC Bug
        Loading editor
    • ReapTheChaos wrote: Another one I get happens in Frisco Fields, you hear screams, kind of like what you hear if you hit an NPC with your car, and I'll find dead bodies nearby. It's like they spawn dead or die immediately after. I've never seen it happen right in front of me, so I can't say what exactly happens, but if you stand around many areas in Frisco Fields you will hear them and if you look around you will usually find them dead on the ground.

      I've seen dead bodies lying in the middle of the street for no apparent reason on several occasions, including an early gameplay video. I finally figured out it was the arms dealer, consigliere, or vehicle delivery guy running them over as they're speeding to my location, but it was a mystery to me until I actually saw it happen.

        Loading editor
    • The mission to save Alvarez, Jesuit in New Mexico, keeps interfering with other missions. Ever since it unlocked, it automatically activates every time I start the game or reload, and when the mission to kill Remy Duvall unlocked, there were two objective markers at Donovan's motel. After reloading the game the one for Alvarez activated itself and the one for Remy actually disappeared from the map, and then I had to go to the Objectives menu to select it. When I got to the motel the cutscene for Alvarez played, even though I'd specifically selected the one for Remy.

      Also, after that cutscene the marker for Cassandra's trafficking mission appeared near the lighthouse, and it didn't move like it usually does. When I activated that objective and approached the smuggling boat from land, the time changed to night and the Alvarez mission activated once again. So in order to do the trafficking mission, I had to approach in a boat.

        Loading editor
    • Qstlijku wrote: The mission to save Alvarez...

      I'm pretty sure that's normal behavior. Whenever you reload, it automatically loads the earliest story chapter to have been unlocked. Same with having two in the same location, it will always default to the earliest one, or in the case of the trafficking mission, it will default to the story chapter over the optional one.

        Loading editor
    • There's two things that are more of a design flaw than a bug, but they're incredibly annoying none the less.

      When entering a vehicle, even if you're directly facing the vehicle's door and the interact button is lit up, if a vehicle is either parked or pulls up along side, he will always turn around and enter that vehicle instead.

      There really needs to be a way to turn off the tutorial images, especially the ones that come up on the left side of the screen that can't be dismissed, like turn off the cops, calling the operator or brutal takedown ones. I'm done with my game and just free roaming, yet I'm still being told how to do them. If a player hasn't figured out how do those things after 50+ hours of gameplay, they never will.

        Loading editor
    • ReapTheChaos wrote: When entering a vehicle, even if you're directly facing the vehicle's door and the interact button is lit up, if a vehicle is either parked or pulls up along side, he will always turn around and enter that vehicle instead.

      I don't think I understand exactly what you're saying, but it sounds more like a bug to me. When you say a vehicle is parked along side, does that mean Lincoln is standing in between the two vehicles?

        Loading editor
    • Qstlijku wrote: I don't think I understand exactly what you're saying, but it sounds more like a bug to me. When you say a vehicle is parked along side, does that mean Lincoln is standing in between the two vehicles?

      Yes, like if you're on the street attempting to enter a parked car, if one pulls along side and stops, or even if it just drives past slow, he will go for that car instead.

        Loading editor
    • The Basic Off-Road wheels available at Big Rick's are different than the in-game version found on the Eckhart Pioneer and Bulworth Aspen. When applied through Big Rick's, the front wheels center hub is much larger than the rear, like you might find on a 4WD vehicle, but in-game both front and back use the smaller version. Not sure if this was intentional or not.
      Basic Off Road Dif

      Top set from Big Rick's, Bottom set standard Eckhart Pioneer

        Loading editor
    • There's still random enemy spawning in Downtown driving Pinkerton Titans. They seem to serve no purpose at all, they don't come after you, there's no cash on them when killed. All they manage to do is get all my guys from my rackets to run half way across the district chasing after them.

        Loading editor
    • Those drivers are marked as enemies because they're armed, but the only time they'll come after you is if you try to steal their vehicle. I think the racket guys should be made to only fire at those drivers if they start shooting at Lincoln, but they seem to be programmed to go after all potential enemies, regardless of whether they're hostile at the current moment.

        Loading editor
    • ReapTheChaos wrote: There's a serious design flaw with the Berkley Stallion that's been there all along, but with the introduction of racing it's gone from a minor inconvenience to a major issue. The problem is, the car gets airborne and will even flip over at the slightest bump in the road. I even posted about it in our first bugs report thread, only then I thought the road was to blame, I've since realized it's the car itself.

      The problem I see with the Stallion is it's really unstable, meaning the car tends to lean to one side if I drive sideways on a hill or do a sharp turn. It usually doesn't flip all the way over, but once it starts it can take a few seconds to go back to normal, wasting valuable time in races. I haven't tried it out on big bumps like railroad tracks yet, but I suspect once it gets in that state that's how it can flip over or get airborne.

        Loading editor
    • Qstlijku wrote: The problem I see with the Stallion is it's really unstable, meaning the car tends to lean to one side if I drive sideways on a hill or do a sharp turn. It usually doesn't flip all the way over, but once it starts it can take a few seconds to go back to normal, wasting valuable time in races. I haven't tried it out on big bumps like railroad tracks yet, but I suspect once it gets in that state that's how it can flip over or get airborne.

      I was using it to race earlier. There was this fire hydrant on a corner, something most every car in the game will simply plow over, yet if I hit it the car went airborne, flipping over mid-air. The Smith Moray, a car which is smaller and likely lighter, had no such trouble just knocking it over and going on it's way.

        Loading editor
    • Few more issues that are more of a design issue than a bug, but due to the implementation of races has become an issue.

      The daily rain was more of a ridiculous annoyance, but with races added it's become an issue. It's difficult enough to get these track records with random traffic and parked cars always getting in the way without throwing wet roads in the mix. I know there's a couple programmed to have rain, I see no reason the rest can't be programmed to be dry.

      The vehicle delivery associate will only deliver two cars in a row. Not much of an issue in the past but now it's rather annoying. Was doing a race, trying to beat the track record, tried one car a few times with no luck. Tried a second and still couldn't get it, ordered a third and he told me he was too drunk to and to try him later. Waited a few minutes and he still refused, had to reload my game and drive all the way back to the race start point.

      Finally, not sure if it's a bug or design flaw, but there seems to be a damage threshold for getting into Big Rick's. At some point a car can apparently get too damaged and the prompt to enter wont show up. I honestly don't see why it would make a difference, as long as it's drivable it should let me inside, it's going to fix any damage like new once in anyway.

        Loading editor
    • Doing Jesuit in New Mexico, after getting away/killing all of Marcano's men, my car was shot to hell with 3 flat tires so I stop and order a new one. I get in and so does Alverez, but the prompt read "pick up Alverez". Tried getting out and back in a few times, which did nothing. Luckily I knew where to take him and when I arrived at Father James' place the mission proceeded as normal.

      This is just a guess, but when the guy dropped off the new car he parked immediately beside the old one, blocking access to the passenger side door. So when Alverez got in, he didn't go through the normal animation of opening the door, he just sort of popped inside.

        Loading editor
    • Now that you've mentioned it, here's my story about that part of the mission. The first time I played it, I killed almost all the men at the lighthouse and then took Alvarez's car, which didn't start until he got in. After losing Marcano's men I got the objective to take Alvarez to Father James, but my car was damaged, so I ordered a new one, and Alvarez promptly got in and out of the vehicles. All this seems like normal behavior.

      Second time, I killed as few people as possible and drove away in my vehicle, leaving Alvarez behind. After losing Marcano's men Alvarez spawned in my car and I was told to take him to Father James.

      One time Alvarez refused to get into a truck parked there, and another time he wouldn't get out of his car after it was wrecked. I also escaped in a boat once, and the objective never updated after that.

        Loading editor
    • Here's another example of the Stallion issue, all I did was catch the corner of a curb and this was the result.
      Stallion Bug 4
        Loading editor
    • On Evil That Men Do, I didn't get the "Find and Destroy Stag Flicks" objective. It didn't show up on the objectives overview panel or on the map.
      Stag Flicks Bug 1
      Stag Flicks Bug 2
        Loading editor
    • The previous time I did Are We Cool, I wanted to bring the smuggling racket in Tickfaw Harbor to full earn, so I delivered weed to the boathouse near the smuggling racket. That completed the mission, meaning I didn't have to use a truck to complete the delivery because the boathouse was already at the racket.

      I did that mission again just now, going to that same boathouse, but when I got out of the boat it said the delivery was complete, and nothing happened afterwards. It also made the nearby objective for .45 in My Hand disappear, and reloading the game didn't make it reappear.

        Loading editor
    • Here's an update on this. When I started the game again the objective for .45 in My Hand reappeared and the weed delivery proceeded normally, being loaded onto a truck at a boathouse in Southdowns. I also got an image of the boathouse locations.
      Boathouse Locations
        Loading editor
    • This thing (Air Conditioner?) keeps falling off the wall in the entrance to the Best Oil Auto Theft racket in Tickfaw Harbor.
      Best Oil Bug
        Loading editor
    • There's a TL-49 fuse near the Best Oil location in Frisco Fields that won't show on the map until you get close to it, even with wiretapping.
      Fuse Bug 1
      Fuse Bug 2
        Loading editor
    • Qstlijku wrote: There's a TL-49 fuse near the Best Oil location in Frisco Fields that won't show on the map until you get close to it, even with wiretapping.

      I just tried it out and it doesn't show up until you're right on top of it. Weird.

      I've noticed another odd thing about that location, even before Big Rick's was added there, the health box icon will show hovering above the building. I've seen it at night as far away as Pointe Verdun, looming in the sky like some neon sign.
      Health Box Bug
        Loading editor
    • ReapTheChaos wrote: I just tried it out and it doesn't show up until you're right on top of it. Weird.

      Is that one included in the total number of fuses you counted?

        Loading editor
    • ReapTheChaos wrote: PC: After you beat the game by choosing to leave New Bordeaux, when you respawn at Bellaire's Supermarket and go outside, if you stand next to your car you can hear the radio sound effect of the stations changing. After you enter the car, the radio plays as well as the sound effect, which doesn't stop until you change the station.

      This isn't just restricted to this location, it will do it at the distillery in Pointe Verdun as well. Also, the radio will just randomly turn on as you're driving around, it will make the sound of turning the stations then start playing. It seems to be tied to specific locations. Crossing the bridge from the casino back into the city, about half way across it will turn on. Around the Big Rick's mentioned above, if you circle that block there's a specific corner where it always turns on. There's others, but I'm not going to bother driving around right now to find them again. This only happens when you respawn after leaving New Bordeaux.

        Loading editor
    • Qstlijku wrote:

      ReapTheChaos wrote: I just tried it out and it doesn't show up until you're right on top of it. Weird.

      Is that one included in the total number of fuses you counted?

      Yes, that's the garage where I took all the vehicle images. I apparently found it last time too because I got the same number this time, 276 extra.

        Loading editor
    • In the final part of I.R.A. Don't Ask, as I approach each Samson Duke two markers on the map appear right next to each other, and once I've driven off the other map marker stays in that location.

      Also, the journal entry for that part appears after completing the deliveries and before the final conversation, even though it's about that conversation.

        Loading editor
    • There's something wrong with the final conversations in the underbosses' agenda missions. When the game was first released, Burke and Cassandra were double, and when they fixed that they seem to have introduced another major problem, at least for me.

      The animations for each line in those scenes play a little bit slower than they should, which causes the video to lag behind the audio, and then there's a few seconds in between for them to catch up. Even worse, the cutscenes last the same amount of time as normal, quitting after that, so I end up never seeing the last part of them.

        Loading editor
    • ReapTheChaos wrote: The vehicle delivery associate will only deliver two cars in a row. Not much of an issue in the past but now it's rather annoying. Was doing a race, trying to beat the track record, tried one car a few times with no luck. Tried a second and still couldn't get it, ordered a third and he told me he was too drunk to and to try him later. Waited a few minutes and he still refused, had to reload my game and drive all the way back to the race start point.

      I tried that and the same thing happened to me. When it failed it gave me the message "Service Failed: Associate Currently Busy". I took one of the cars and drove away, and it worked when I tried it again.

        Loading editor
    • ReapTheChaos wrote:

      ReapTheChaos wrote: PC: After you beat the game by choosing to leave New Bordeaux, when you respawn at Bellaire's Supermarket and go outside, if you stand next to your car you can hear the radio sound effect of the stations changing. After you enter the car, the radio plays as well as the sound effect, which doesn't stop until you change the station.

      This isn't just restricted to this location, it will do it at the distillery in Pointe Verdun as well. Also, the radio will just randomly turn on as you're driving around, it will make the sound of turning the stations then start playing. It seems to be tied to specific locations. Crossing the bridge from the casino back into the city, about half way across it will turn on. Around the Big Rick's mentioned above, if you circle that block there's a specific corner where it always turns on. There's others, but I'm not going to bother driving around right now to find them again. This only happens when you respawn after leaving New Bordeaux.

      As soon as I went outside I heard the radio playing along with that same sound effect, which continued after I got in the car until I changed the station. It was louder than usual, the same way scripted songs play, and the song was the same as it was when I left New Bordeaux. The only difference was I quit the game shortly after the mid-credits cutscene because I didn't want to wait for them to finish.

        Loading editor
    • ReapTheChaos wrote: There's still random enemy spawning in Downtown driving Pinkerton Titans. They seem to serve no purpose at all, they don't come after you, there's no cash on them when killed. All they manage to do is get all my guys from my rackets to run half way across the district chasing after them.

      So I'm Downtown following one of the bagmen and one of these armored cars drives past my construction racket just as me and the bagman drive past. A cop sees my men go after him which triggers a blue zone then a another nearby cop sees me and now I'm in a damn red zone. These things serve no purpose and need to be taken out of the game.

        Loading editor
    • I think I've figured out the issue with the bugs concerning the radio after doing the leave new Bordeaux ending. It has to be tied to the final radio broadcast of the game, when they report on what happens at the casino.

      I noticed that my radio automatically turned itself on after leaving the church in Blind Eyes of God. While the radio will often come on automatically when you get in a car, this is the only time I know of where it will turn itself on as you're driving around.

        Loading editor
    • In Yet Here We Are, after leaving Donovan's place I had a car I'd stolen off the streets, and this time I took the tunnel that goes under Barclay Mills. When I got to the other side I ditched that car and ordered one from my fleet. After that, as I was driving through Frisco Fields, there was almost no traffic on the streets. During my drive from the tunnel to the Northlake Bridge, I'd say I passed at most five cars, but there seemed to be more NPCs on the sidewalk than usual.

      Also, I wouldn't really call this a bug, but I skipped the opening cutscene of the mission and the scripted song for that part didn't play.

        Loading editor
    • ReapTheChaos wrote: The forklift, aka Wrinkler, doesn't show vehicle name/manufacturer when you enter, instead it shows radio station, even if radio is off.

      It seems like a lot of people who don't experience this bug are seeing the Potomac logo, but in one video I saw the Samson logo.

        Loading editor
    • Every time the game chooses this location for Seems Simple Enough, just as you're arriving at the location it disappears. No notice is given, the objective simply disappears off your screen and becomes unmarked in your menu. You then have to go back in and reselect the mission, where it will direct you to another location on the opposite side of the Bayou. In some instances, the truck will still be there and you can take it, on others it's not.
      Simple Enough Bug
      Simple Enough Bug 2
        Loading editor
    • The "Track down and kill Dixie patrols" portion of The Way of Flesh is either bugged or pointless. I'm pretty sure it's always been this way, but I've never really bothered with it much. Anyway, once you kill one, they immediately respawn after you've driven a short distance away, meaning the objective is never ending.

        Loading editor
    • Doing a weed run for Cassandra I ran the boat aground. I managed to push it back into the water, but the game didn't recognize it, the mission just said "Talk to Emmanuel", with a check box next to it that was already checked.

      Reloaded my save and now the mission has disappeared completely from my menu and I can no longer do any trafficking mission or get any racket for Cassandra at it's full earn.

        Loading editor
    • Did the objective change to something like Boat Wrecked, Leave Area when the boat came out of the water?

        Loading editor
    • Nope, just talk to Emmanuel. It's a lot like that time this happened with Nicki and I wasn't able to do any more trafficking missions for her.

        Loading editor
    • ReapTheChaos wrote: When entering a vehicle, even if you're directly facing the vehicle's door and the interact button is lit up, if a vehicle is either parked or pulls up along side, he will always turn around and enter that vehicle instead.

      Here's an example of this, you can see I'm facing my car (white convertible) and the interact button (X) is clearly showing for that car door and not the one behind Lincoln, yet when you press it he turns around and enters the Mamba instead.
      Car Entry Bug
        Loading editor
    • The "Destroy Southern Union supplies" objective in The Privileged Die Slow is bugged. After destroying the supplies at the two marked locations, the objective remains open. Even after destroying the supplies under the "Raid Southern Union gatherings" objective it stays open. It even remains open after completing every objective in the chapter and destroying any supplies found at the locations.

        Loading editor
    • The large island between Tickfaw Harbor and Southdowns doesn't seem to know where it belongs.

      When you drive into it from either Southdowns or the French Ward, about half way across the bridge the notice will read Tickfaw Harbor. When Lincoln Calls any of the associates from there he will say he's in Tickfaw.

      However, when you place your cursor on the island, Southdowns will highlight. Also, it only changes to the underboss color when you assign Southdowns. It's also not connected to Tickfaw in any way and your Prima game guide lists the junction box there as part of Southdowns.

        Loading editor
    • On the same island mentioned above, there seems to be a missing building. I tried leaving the area and reloading the game, and it was still missing.
      Missing Building
        Loading editor
    • The missions "Friends Like These" and "Only Way's Forward" initially show up as part of Pray on the Way Up and Brave New World, but if I reload the game they become part of The Blade Stained Red and The Way of Flesh.

        Loading editor
    • There is a warehouse in Frisco Fields, part of the PCP Chemicals objective, that doesn't make any sound. By that I mean, if you stand outside the warehouse door and blow up the chemicals inside, there is no sound. If you enter the building the sound becomes normal.

      PCP Warehouse bug
        Loading editor
    • I fired several shots at an enemy that turned out to be a sentry, and apparently he tried to run to the phones right before he died. I got a message that the sentry was alerted, but the map markers for the sentry and the phone didn't disappear once he was dead. As I drove away all phones showed up on the map until I got far enough from the location and the sentry disappeared.

        Loading editor
    • The Covert Car Theft perk you get from Burke is supposed to have the description of "Steal Cars Undetected", but when it's unlocked the notification says "Steal Cars Undected".

        Loading editor
    • In A Little Late for That, when leaving the quarry through the main gate, the objective to lose Marcano's men didn't activate on its own, and the game didn't enter combat mode. Instead, it was in aggressive mode due to the enemies by the gate, and as I drove away it switched to searching. I passed an enemy car in the opposite direction and their awareness meter went up and back down, and as I got onto the main road the searching mode ended.

      A little later I realized one of those vehicles was following me, but they weren't shooting at me and Enzo wasn't shooting at them. I stopped in the middle of Delray Hollow and they stopped right behind me, and then they got out and just stood there. After about 10 seconds they opened fire and some of Cassandra's guys nearby took care of them.

        Loading editor
    • I just noticed a typo on the description of the Griffin Marauder on the Vehicle Delivery menu: instead of "sought-after", it says "aought-after".

      Another particularly noticeable typo that still hasn't been fixed is in the description of Burke's Police Dispatcher under the Assets menu, where it says "...call the cops off when when they're on your tail."

        Loading editor
    • Parked police cars often spawn multiple vehicles at once, as in they all try to spawn in the same space, causing them to erupt into a violent explosion.
      Police Car Bug 1
      Police Car Bug 2
        Loading editor
    • The current design of the Big Rick's interface doesn't allow viewing the tops of vehicles, making it rather hard to know what you're changing there. It would also be nice if you could move the camera around so you could get a good view of what the car looks like before you apply any changes. Along that note, it should be changed so you only pay when you're ready to leave, this would allow the player to see all the modifications together before deciding on a final look.
      Big Rick's Bug
        Loading editor
    • More NPCs spawning dead in Frisco Fields.
      NPC Bug 2
        Loading editor
    • The journal entry for obtaining the Clipper .44 says that it's used by lots of gangsters these days, but instead of "so many" it reads "some many".

        Loading editor
    • After starting the Southern Union racket, the three locations for the objective "Raid Southern Union gatherings" aren't marked on the map, and their descriptions in the objectives menu are blank. After reloading they show up normally.
      Southern Union Objective Bug 1
        Loading editor
    • If I do $15,000 in damage to the Southern Union racket without interrogating the first set of informants, then the second set will unlock, as it should. If I then interrogate one from the second set, he will give the locations of the Southern Union enforcers, but then this causes both sets of informants to disappear from the map. The next time I do damage to the racket an informant from the second set will reappear, and that objective may activate at random times afterwards.

        Loading editor
    • When returning to talk to Jackie Grimaldi two icons appeared on the map.
      Southern Union Objective Bug 2
        Loading editor
    • Qstlijku
      Qstlijku removed this reply because:
      Not a bug
      19:48, March 1, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • ReapTheChaos wrote: The "Destroy Southern Union supplies" objective in The Privileged Die Slow is bugged. After destroying the supplies at the two marked locations, the objective remains open. Even after destroying the supplies under the "Raid Southern Union gatherings" objective it stays open. It even remains open after completing every objective in the chapter and destroying any supplies found at the locations.

      The same thing happened for me. Also, at the western location I only found one crate to destroy, which did $1000 in damage. Aren't there supposed to be more?

        Loading editor
    • Something weird happened when I tried to resume the game at a sitdown. The sitdown started to play normally, but then after a few seconds it faded out and the cutscene that appeared before it started playing. A little later the district assignment prompt appeared on top of it, and then when I assigned the district and skipped the rest of the cutscene, the game went to an endless blank loading screen.
      Sitdown Bug
        Loading editor
    • For some reason, unlike the blackmail and sex rackets where you interrogate two informants, the drugs racket doesn't keep track of how many you've interrogated. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but I know early versions of the game had counters on a lot more objectives.

        Loading editor
    • Some weird and unusual stuff happened after the next-to-last sitdown, which unlocked the chapter to kill Santangelo. I'd assigned the rackets in that district to Cassandra and Burke, and I assigned the district to Vito. That marked the fourth time I'd taken territory away from Cassandra, and the third time for Burke, so I expected Cassandra to turn on me, but instead Burke did. However, the rackets and intel section on the assets page disappeared from both Cassandra and Burke when Burke's betrayal mission was unlocked, and Cassandra's upgrade path is now only available at racket and district assignments.

        Loading editor
    • Unlike other racket enforcers, the PCP cook Lonnie Grima has subtitles for the things he says, but they're incorrectly labeled as an informant.

        Loading editor
    • After killing Burke, I talked to Nicki, and the same bug with the objectives I got with Vito occurred here too. The objective on her trafficking mission changed to "Steal the truck" after the conversation, but this time I decided to do the trafficking run. After completing the delivery I got a generic objective "Talk to Nicki", and now if I go to her office nothing happens when I try to interact with her.

        Loading editor
    • I called the consigliere in front of Bellaire's, and instead of directly making a right turn into the place from the road north of it, she drove around in a big circle, apparently going up on the nearby highway to turn around, and then turned left into the entrance from the same road.

        Loading editor
    • As I drove out of the main entrance of Marais Airport a distorted building labeled Bellaire's Supermarket appeared in front of the Big Rick's for a few seconds. After that I drove in and out several times but couldn't get it to appear again.

        Loading editor
    • ReapTheChaos wrote: The "Track down and kill Dixie patrols" portion of The Way of Flesh is either bugged or pointless. I'm pretty sure it's always been this way, but I've never really bothered with it much. Anyway, once you kill one, they immediately respawn after you've driven a short distance away, meaning the objective is never ending.

      I managed to complete that objective, and for me they respawned sometimes but not every time. For example, the ones in southern Delray Hollow didn't respawn unless I reloaded the game. However, after killing some to the north I drove up into Barclay Mills, and when I came back they'd all respawned. After visiting the last new location the objective was marked as completed, and despite this they still appeared at all the other locations afterwards.

        Loading editor
    • I heard a loud noise over at Skidaway Durables after taking over the racket, and then I saw the forklift there exploded along with some other object. I also heard a similar noise at Rigolet's Canning Company. At the time I thought it was someone kicking around boxes or something, but now I'm thinking a similar thing might have happened there as well.
      Forklift Bug
        Loading editor
    • Qstlijku wrote: I heard a loud noise over at Skidaway Durables after taking over the racket, and then I saw the forklift there exploded along with some other object. I also heard a similar noise at Rigolet's Canning Company. At the time I thought it was someone kicking around boxes or something, but now I'm thinking a similar thing might have happened there as well.

      There's two forklifts and there should only be one. That happens when two vehicles try and spawn in the same place. A similar bug at Skidaway Durables is vehicles will span beneath the floor, causing them to explode.

        Loading editor
    • When I tried to enter Grecco's car before confronting him, Lincoln automatically exited it every time. During this an empty key to turn the speed limiter off appeared next to the standard one for exiting the vehicle, possibly the remains of a cut feature.
      Speed Limiter Bug
        Loading editor
    • Qstlijku wrote: I fired several shots at an enemy that turned out to be a sentry, and apparently he tried to run to the phones right before he died. I got a message that the sentry was alerted, but the map markers for the sentry and the phone didn't disappear once he was dead. As I drove away all phones showed up on the map until I got far enough from the location and the sentry disappeared.

      This has continued to happen to me occasionally, and I discovered that picking up the sentry's body will cause the icons to disappear from the map.

        Loading editor
    • A sentry was alerted, so I immediately activated the switchboard operator. Then I kept getting the Sentry Alerted message and hearing the ringing noise, alternating between the two different rings, while the sentry was standing in one place or moving slowly. After a while this stopped and the sentry suddenly turned around and opened fire. After escaping the area (the objective was to sabotage the dump in the garbage racket) the sentry's map marker turned white as if he'd called in reinforcements, even though he never got to the phones.

        Loading editor
    • In the garbage racket, after interrogating the informant, I drove towards Di Napoli Hazardous Storage to steal the money stash. As I got close I decided to wiretap that section of Barclay Mills, so I continued on to the junction box. When I returned to the hazardous storage site there were no cleaners there, in fact no enemies whatsoever.

        Loading editor
    • I didn't do the Who We Shootin'? conversation with Donovan right after it was unlocked, and after meeting Donovan at the hotel the second time the motel became inaccessible and disappeared from the map.

        Loading editor
    • ReapTheChaos wrote:

      On the same island mentioned above, there seems to be a missing building. I tried leaving the area and reloading the game, and it was still missing.
      Missing Building

      It's possible that this will be a building featured in the Sign of the Times DLC.

        Loading editor
    • Qstlijku wrote: I didn't do the Who We Shootin'? conversation with Donovan right after it was unlocked, and after meeting Donovan at the hotel the second time the motel became inaccessible and disappeared from the map.

      This happens every time I have a cutscene with Donovan at the motel when that conversation hasn't yet been completed. Immediately after the cutscene, I'm able to enter Donovan's motel, but it no longer behaves like a safehouse (i.e. Lincoln has full abilities inside, though he still closes the door) and the icon disappears from the map. After the next sitdown the motel returns to normal and the conversation unlocks again.

        Loading editor
    • ReapTheChaos wrote: PC - I suppose it never occurred to them that someone would take a boat to the lighthouse to do Jesuit in New Mexico, personally I take a boat every time I have to go to the Bayou, it's just faster and easier.

      Anyway, it doesn't do that thunder crack time of day change thing (whatever it's called) until I reach the boat dock, and then I stay in slow motion until I get to the cutscene with Alvarez. After that everything is fine.

      It seems like they might have partially fixed this, as the time change happens normally unless I approach the land from right up by the lighthouse. If I do that I stay in slow motion for a while, but it seems like it goes back to normal after I open fire.

        Loading editor
    • After starting the game while doing the black market racket, I found two enemy vehicles sitting in the middle of the road. Killing the enemies inside did no damage to the racket.
      Southdowns Enemy Bug 1
      Southdowns Enemy Bug 2
        Loading editor
    • Qstlijku wrote: After starting the game while doing the black market racket, I found two enemy vehicles sitting in the middle of the road. Killing the enemies inside did no damage to the racket.

      Those are part of the "Steal back Grant's truck" objective. They will form a roadblock then chase after you when you deliver the truck back to Grant. Not sure why they appear before you start that objective, but they always do.

        Loading editor
    • I've never seen them form an actual roadblock though, they always spawn in front or behind me and then start chasing after me when I get close.

        Loading editor
    • The "kill the kinky VIPs" objective in the French Ward sex racket was causing problems for me again. First, at some point while I was killing them, the wiretapping feature totally disappeared from the map. After completing the racket damage I reloaded the game and wiretapping went back to normal, but then I encountered several other bugs. After I exited the bar I noticed certain sounds were muffled, and I finally figured out this was the same as when Intel View is activated. So I activated Intel View, and after that the sounds went back to normal. Finally, when I went back to Un Belle Jardin to confront Handsome Harry, the enemies there didn't spawn until I entered the complex and was right next to one of them.

      Wiretapping Bug
        Loading editor
    • A Fandom user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.