It is a restaurant owned by Carlo Falcone, don of the Falcone Crime Family. Since Falcone owns the restaurant, it is used as a front for the family's operations. Falcone capo Eddie Scarpa is often found at the restaurant doing business with members of the family such as collecting money on behalf of Don Falcone. The restaurant is described as one of the classier restaurants in Empire Bay, and it has a meeting room up the stairs behind the bar.
- The missions A Friend of Ours and Stairway to Heaven briefly involve this location.
- At the end of Balls and Beans, Vito and Joe go here to become made men,
|Menu Item||Cost 1945||Cost 1951|
|Old Empirical Beer||$0.45||$0.60|
- Carlo Falcone - Owner
- Eddie Scarpa - Manager
- Jack Olivero - Bartender
- Maltese Falcon Pianist - Pianist
- Micky the Crab - Toilet Attendant
- The Maltese Falcon got its name due to Carlo Falcone's love of detective novels.
- Around the restaurant are many film posters including Casablanca, The Big Sleep, The African Queen and The Maltese Falcon.
- Micky the Crab once borrowed money from Bruno Levine and when he couldn't pay it back on time he had three fingers cut off, hence the name.
- The pianist plays an instrumental version of the jazz standard 'The Very Thought of You'.