| This Mafia Wiki article is protected so only registered users can edit it. If you spot an error on the page please contact a user and inform them of the error.|
|Stephen "Steve" Coyne|
|Died||1951 (Aged 42/43)|
|Portrayed by||Mark Mintz|
"I never trusted you, from the moment I saw you." -Stephen Coyne
Steve grew up in rural Birkland, moving to the city at the age of sixteen in 1924. While being arrested for battery, Steve badly beat an EBPD officer and was sentenced to ten years, of which he served five. It was in prison that he started working as muscle for fellow inmate Derek Pappalardo, a relationship that continued on the outside. Steve can never be a full member due to his Dutch-Irish heritage, but became the family's most trusted associate after he assassinated rival mob boss Tomaso Moretti, bringing an end to the Vinci-Moretti War.
Even though Steve couldn't become a full member of the family, he was given a position as the family's Enforcer and worked with Derek at the docks in Southport. He was responsible for murdering Antonio Scaletta by drowning him in 1943, on the order of Derek. He and Derek also associated with Joe Barbaro on several jobs. The latter recommended Antonio's son Vito Scaletta to work for them in 1945.
In 1951, he along with Vito, Joe, Marty and two other thugs attacked the Greasers. The reason Steve joined is because the Greasers wrecked his cousin's car and knocked out three of his teeth out. They first attacked the Greasers' hangout, the Crazy Horse and finally finished the job by attacking the foundry, which served as the Greasers' hideout.
He was killed by Vito at the docks along with Derek and the rest of their thugs, after discovering that he was responsible for his father's death eight years ago.
It is not possible to kill Derek and Steve if Vito heads straight to Joe's Apartment after killing Tommy Angelo, or after dropping Joe off at Kingston. This leads to Vito's story continuing on to the search for Joe at the Mona Lisa, without ever learning about his father's death, or turning against Pappalardo and Coyne.
- The Old Country
- Enemy of the State
- In Loving Memory of Francesco Potenza (Player's Choice)
- The Wild Ones
- Stairway to Heaven (Can be killed)
Notable Murders Committed
- Tomaso Moretti - killed under the orders of the Vinci crime family and Carlo Falcone.
- Antonio Scaletta - drowned under the orders of Derek Pappalardo.
- Many Greasers - revenge for wrecking his cousin's car and knocking out three of his teeth out.
- There was a gameplay video where Steve gave Vito a job to destroy some cars. Howewer, that feature (along with many others) appears to have been cut.
- He can be seen reading Playboy magazines in multiple cutscenes.
- Steve might be a reference to Tom Hagen, as both were approved into the family even if they don't have any Sicilian descent. The difference was that Tom was approved fully as a family member given the position of Consigliere, while Steve couldn't become a full family member, but he was given the position of Enforcer. Steve's hair style matches that of Robert Duvall (Tom Hagen) during The Godfather Part II.
- Derek claimed that Steve was nearly beaten by Bill when he picked a fight with him.
- His own car appears to be a blue Lassiter Series 69.
- A younger fully haired Steve can be seen in The Old Country. He is the man who Antonio Scaletta sees at the dock for a job.