The Shubert 38 Taxi is a variation of the Shubert 38. It's a four-door sedan used exclusively by the Empire Bay Cab & Co. to transport various people from place to place. It features a roof-mounted taxi light and comes painted in standard taxi-yellow with appropriate taxi markings and burgundy fenders.
Upgrades and Pricing
|Upgrade||Details and Pricing|
- Base Mafia II game: Available in Chapters 2-5.
- The Betrayal of Jimmy: Not Available.
- Jimmy's Vendetta: Not available.
- Joe's Adventures: Only during Witness - Frozen Memories.
- The Shubert 38 line of vehicles also includes the basic Shubert 38, the Shubert 38 Panel Truck, and the Shubert 38 Hearse.
- It's replaced by the Quicksilver Windsor Taxi in the 1950s era.
- Even though it's a taxi, it's never seen with any passengers in it.
- The car has a heavily used and faded appearance including scuffs and rust stains, but it can't be cleaned up or repainted.
- When the engine is modified to level 3 (supercharged) the hood is removed.
- One is seen in Chapter 2 dropping off Vito outside Stella's Diner near the alleyway that leads to his the Scaletta Family Apartment.
- In the Joe's Adventures mission In the Shadows, it's possible to drive one instead of the Quicksilver Windsor Taxi if the player has one stored in their garage.