Playboy Magazines are a set of 50 collectibles in Mafia II. They can be collected as you play through each chapter of the game except Chapter 1. Each magazine depicts a centerfold model from the 1950s - 1960s era.
Playboy Magazine Collection Guide
- You can view your progress from the main menu under "Extras", "Collectibles", then "Playboy".
- Finding all 50 will earn you the Ladies' Man achievement.
- They must be collected in specific chapters and usually at a particular point in the mission; if you miss one you can select "Load Chapter" from the game menu at any time to replay it.
- The magazines are numbered 1-50, but do not appear in order.
|Warning: This article contains mature content.|
There are 2 magazines in Chapter 2.
1. Inside Joe's Apartment on the coffee table. #1
There are 5 magazines to find in Chapter 3.
1. Just outside Derek's Office on the left when going into the warehouse. #18
2. Just inside the entrance to Maria Agnello's apartment building, on the floor to the left of the small shelf. #4
3. In the Office of Price Administration on the corner of the guards' desk in the lobby. #40
4. In the basement of the Office of Price Administration, in the storage room to the right of where the alarm shutoff is located, it is on the floor between two shelves. #6
5. In the Office of Price Administration on the windowsill in the office across from where you get the safe keys. #5
There are 4 magazines to find in Chapter 4.
1. On the floor just after leaving the book store, next to a box of books. #9
2. From the one above, turn left and it is under the next set of stairs. #2
3. After you cross over the ledge on the front of the West Side Mall, it is in the rooftop shelter to the left of some shelves. #8
4. In Joe's apartment building on the first floor by the locked wooden gate. #7
There are 3 magazines to find in Chapter 5.
1. While still in 233 Misery Lane, go up the stairs and it's in a nook between two doors. #11
2. Inside The Distillery on the first floor, in an office on a shelf, must be gotten before going upstairs. #10
3. Immediately after killing Sidney Pen, it is to the right between three chairs and a storage cage. #12
There are 3 magazines to find in Chapter 6.
1. Once out in the prison yard a magazine can be found behind the bleachers next to the sleeping prisoner. It may be hidden under the grass. #13
2. Head across the basketball court and it's between a shed and the fence. #14
3. After the fight with the black inmate, before leaving with the guard it is on a large industrial clothes dryer. #15
There are 3 magazines to find in Chapter 7.
1. On the top floor of Joe's apartment building at the end of the hallway in the corner. #50
2. On the small table on the second floor landing of the Scaletta Apartment building. #17
3. In Harry's Gun Shop at the bottom of the stairs on the floor. #16
There are 4 magazines to find in Chapter 8.
1. After Vito wakes up, look on the kitchen table. If it is missing, exit the building then immediately go back in and it will appear. #46
2. In the foundry after making the first right turn, it is in a shack on top of a drum. #19
3. In the foundry after the rail yard it's sitting on the ground next to two barrels. #21
4. Before leaving and getting into the hot rod, go under the stairwell to the building on the left. This leads to a hobo shanty, and it's next to a bed. #20
There are 4 magazines to find in Chapter 9.
2. Just after Vito gets doused in sewage, it's down a short tunnel on the left. #23
3. After dropping in to the slaughterhouse, it's behind the second scrap bin on the left. #22
4. In the largest room with the two butchers and the armed guard, it is in the back corner next to the counter and the bloody bin. #24
There are 4 magazines to find in Chapter 10.
1. Upon entering the back door, go to the end of the hallway and it's on a desk inside a room marked "Daily Room". #25
2. After leaving the conference room take the stairs down to the 16th floor and it's on the floor. #27
3. On the ground near the control panel of the window washers' lift on the roof. #26
4. After leaving Joe's apartment and returning to Villa Scaletta, there is a magazine in the master bathroom between the wall and the shower. #48
There are 5 magazines to find in Chapter 11.
1. While in Galante Mansion, head out into the entrance hall and it's on the windowsill to the left. #47
2. After the one above, go into the bathroom and it's on a wicker basket. #29
3. As you enter Scetta Apartment, go directly across and through another door and it's on the floor between a guy's legs. #28
4. When Joe shows you his apartment's "new look," it's next to his bed on the floor. #49
5. At the Hill of Tara bar, go through the double saloon doors at the end of the bar and it's on the floor in the back. #30
There are 3 magazines to find in Chapter 12.
1. When you first get to the Sea Gift Fishing Co. warehouse, head straight back and it's in the corner, behind a bin on the left. #31
2. After the cutscene showing the run-in with the "cops," head up the staircase into the building and it's on the floor to your right. #33
3. After fighting past all the thugs, there is one on the far side of the courtyard behind a Shubert Truck. #32
There are 3 magazines to find in Chapter 13.
1. After clearing out the dining hall of The Red Dragon restaurant, head up the stairs to the end of the balcony area, and it's sitting on the seat of a booth. #34
2. Downstairs from the giant Buddha statue on the left side you'll see an empty room, and it's sitting on a crate. #36
3. In the large drug manufacturing room, on the north end there is a room with spare weapons, and it's on a box next to a shelf. #35
There are 3 magazines to find in Chapter 14.
1. While still on the top of the building, look in a corner to the southeast, and it's behind a short wall. #44
2. After getting to the bottom of the stairs, before climbing over the scaffold, it's on a pallet to the left. #37
3. Just past the burning doorway, through the first doorway on the right, it's on the floor. #38
There are 4 magazines to find in Chapter 15.
1. Inside the first room you enter, it's down the stairs. You have to push past the barricade to go down. #45
2. On the roof, as you approach the telescope room, it will be behind a corner on your left. #39
3. Inside the telescope room by the guardrail of the stairs leading down. #43
4. After the cutscene showing you killing Carlo Falcone, it will be in the center by the control panels. #42
There are 19 Playboy magazines featured in Joe's Adventures.
1. Mission Witness - Frozen Memories in the small room on the left just after exiting the barn.
2. Culver Dam, at the rear of the southern most tower. You can collect this magazine at any time during Joe's Adventures.
3. Union Station, under the stairs of the central platform. You can collect this magazine at any time during Joe's Adventures.
5. Bruski's Scrap & Salvage yard, next to the crusher. You can collect this magazine at any time during Joe's Adventures.
7. Mission Connection in the warehouse on the catwalk, near the lever that opens the train gate. You can collect this magazine at any time during Joe's Adventures.
8. Mission Saving Marty at the very western end of the platform and through the gate.
10. Mission A Lesson in Manners on the deck next to a lounge chair.
11. Mission Supermarket on a table in the office just after the safe room, to the left of the door.
12. Inside Harry's Gun Shop on top of two crates, just at the bottom of the first set of stairs. You can collect this magazine at any time during Joe's Adventures.
14. In the area where the Greaseballs' Arena mission takes place, it's on a small landing near the fighting zone. You can collect this magazine at any time during Joe's Adventures.
16. Inside The Dragstrip bar on the table at the far end. You can collect this magazine at any time during Joe's Adventures.
18. Mission Cathouse in the main entrance hall on a couch to the right side before entering the lounge area.
19. Mission Cathouse in the construction area at the very top of the steel steps.
There are 5 Playboy magazines to find in the Mafia II Demo.
2. On the kitchen counter of Villa Scaletta where you start.
3. On the counter of one of the clothing stores.
4. In The Lone Star bar.
5. In the room where you kill Sidney Pen, on a shelving unit in the center of the room just before you go back down the stairs.
- Playboy reviewed Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven, saying it was "An offer you can't refuse".
- The Playboy magazines are all anachronistic; Playboy was not founded until 1953, and the images placed in the game were published between 1958 and 1968. The 19 Playboys added in Joe's Adventures range from 1960 to 1969, with a single image added from 2007.