Earn 1,000,000 points in "Jimmy's Vendetta."
This requires you to accumulate 1,000,000 points total in a single playthrough. They can be either story points or city points. There are three ways to get this many points.
- Get 1,000,000 story points. You can only achieve this by playing the DLC on the hard difficulty. On hard, your score in each mission is doubled, shown on the scoring screen under the Difficulty level as a +100% at the end of each mission. Even if playing on hard, you may need to repeat missions to better your score.
- When replaying a mission, only the amount you scored higher than your last will be added to your overall score. For example, if you scored 10,000 the first time, then replayed it and scored 12,000, only 2,000 points will be added to your overall story score.
- Get 1,000,000 city points legitimately. City points are the ones you accumulate when you're not in a mission. They're shown in the upper right corner of your screen in white. You can get city points for velocity, drifting, blowing up cars, and killing certain enemies. This method would require an extensive amount of time, possibly thousands of game hours, to achieve.
- Get 1,000,000 city points by taking advantage of a glitch in the game.
- Drive to Sand Island to the location shown on the map below. Look for a storefront with a sign reading "Luncheonette natural food & vitamins". Back your car up across the street and then crash through the store's window. If done right you should find yourself falling below the map and you should be receiving a steady flow of velocity points. Simply leave your game running until you reach 1,000,000 and the achievement unlocks. This should take about 4 hours; unfortunately, you can't save while doing this so you need to get it in one go.
- This glitch also works for the Explorer achievement; however, it can take more than 24 hours to get it this way.