Kill Vito Scaletta
Vito has had enough of not getting his fair share of turf and being pushed around by Lincoln. He and those loyal to him are holed up back at Benny's Ristorante. Lincoln needs to take care of the situation before Vito takes care of him.
After fighting through his men, Lincoln confronts Vito, who tells Lincoln that he thought he would be different than the other "cocksuckers" in his past, mentioning his old enemies Derek Pappalardo, Alberto Clemente and Leo Galante, but states that Lincoln has 'betrayed' him. In turn Lincoln tells Vito that he has been greedy, and not been patient to wait for the money to come rolling in. Vito tells him he gave up a lot for this life and deserves better. Vito then pulls a knife and goes for Lincoln, but gets shot down. Falling to his knees, Vito tells Lincoln "fuck you" before being shot in the forehead and killed.
Kill Vito Scaletta
- Deal with Vito.
- Take out Vito Scaletta.
- Kill Vito's men.
- Confront Vito Scaletta.
Once Vito's loyalty drops low enough, he will turn on Lincoln, triggering this mission. Many factors play a role in loyalty, including assigning or taking away rackets, assigning districts, and doing agenda or trafficking missions.
Some underbosses are also more susceptible to betrayal than others, so there is no set method for getting one to turn. Simply never giving them rackets may not trigger betrayal with all underbosses. The best way to ensure betrayal from any underboss is to do the following:
- Do not complete any trafficking or agenda missions for that underboss.
- Once the home territories are done, begin assigning them rackets and then take them away at the sitdown. This may need to be done on two or more occasions.
Once the mission becomes available the following will happen:
- Lincoln will temporarily lose the services of Betty Johnson and Bobby Navarro, who refuse to get in the middle of things between Lincoln and Vito. Once Vito has been dealt with, they will continue offering their services to Lincoln.
- Any other perks Lincoln had received from Vito will be retained as they were.
- The Italian Gang will be taken over by Alma Diaz and the optional mission A Good Little Soldier will become available.
- Vito's office above Benny's will become inaccessible.
- Your kickback from all rackets run by the Italian Gang will drop to 0.4 percent of their earn.
- Any unfinished objectives for I Need a Favor will be permanently removed from your mission queue.