- Vito: "You El Greco, the doctor?"
- El Greco: "No, I'm the fucking painter."
- ―Vito and El Greco in The Buzzsaw.
|Full name||Andreas Karafantis|
|Portrayed by||John Mariano|
El Greco studied medicine in London and originally served as a doctor in the Greek Embassy. He was transferred in 1927 to the office of the Greek Ambassador in Empire Bay. El Greco was dismissed from the embassy three years later after a dalliance with the Ambassador's wife, and went into private practice. After being handsomely rewarded for saving the lives of a number of gangsters during Empire Bay's Vinci-Moretti war, he began offering his services to the underworld.
He is first seen in the opening scene inspecting immigrants who came from Europe. He is seen again in "The Buzzsaw" when Henry Tomasino is shot in the leg by Sidney Pen, and finally when Joe Barbaro and Vito Scaletta were kidnapped by the Vinci during "Stairway to Heaven", during which he mentions how Antonio Balsamo will never walk again.
In 1932, he was the physician to consider immigrants from Europe.
- Saving Marty (Mentioned only)
- El Greco means "the Greek".
- El Greco seems to have a similar role of The Doctor from the first game.
- It was suggested that El Greco's favorite dish is Souvlaki, as mentioned by Joe in The Buzzsaw.
- A running joke is that no one seems to know the difference between him and a painter of the same name.
- He lives in a large house in Highbrook where you can open one of the doors, but not go inside.
- While he was doctor at the Greek Embassy, it is unknown whether it was during the Republic or under the monarchy.