Cut Content is material that can be found in the files of a game. Often no more than a text mention, other times it's a fully developed and usable part of the program that was cut from the game at some point in development. Cut content may also refer to content that appeared in beta or demo versions of the game or in trailers that never made it into the final game.
- Emergency lights - Originally, there were 2 emergency lights on the same rotating light (Front and behind) according to Mafia II Developer Diary 2# video but it was changed into a single light instead.
- Charlie Lopez - Charlie Lopez was intended to be a character in Mafia II and even had an entry in the City Album section of the Mafia II Family Album. The player would have done side missions for him, many of which were reintroduced in the game's DLCs.
- Monique - Monique was intended to be a character in Mafia II. Vito could have taken her to a theater, and she was likely supposed to be Vito's girlfriend.
- Fight Club - During the early production phases, Vito could participate in fights to earn money and reputation, (another feature that was cut from the final game,) likely arranged by Leo Galante.
- Gun License - In the beta version of the game it was possible for Vito to obtain a gun license from Giuseppe, however this feature was ultimately cut.
- Hound Races - During the early production phases of Mafia II, Vito could bet on dog races.
- Respect & Reputation - In the beta version of the game players would experience Empire Bay differently based on the level of respect Vito gained from completing missions.
- Taxi Service - In the beta version of the game it was possible for Vito to hail & ride in cabs from Empire Bay Cab & Co. around the city.
- Resisting arrest - In the beta version of the game, resisting arrest would not cause officers in vicinity to engage in lethal force but foot chase.
- Appliances - During the early production phases of Mafia II, Vito could purchase appliances for the different safehouses he owned during the duration of the game.
- Additional Properties - During the early production phases of Mafia II, Vito could purchase further unknown properties from Richard Beck Realty.
- A Friend of Ours - During the early production phases of Mafia II, Vito had the option to accept the assassination contract on Leo Galante with Henry during Chapter Eleven.
- Baseball Bat - Seen in a few screenshots, it was cut from the game. The baseball bat was seen, during a cutscene, in the mission The Wild Ones, during the raid on the greasers. Steve uses the bat to kill two greasers.
- Cosh - A blunt metal object that was set to appear in Mafia II but was later cut, also known as a blackjack.
- Police Baton - Originally designed to be used by the player, it is only seen in Time Well Spent, where it is used frequently by the prison guards.
- Knife - Set to be in Mafia II, it was cut with all other melee weapons in the final version. The only time Vito uses a knife is in a cutscene while Vito spends his time in prison, where he cuts Brian O'Neill's throat, and stabs him in the neck in Time Well Spent.
- Forklift - A forklift was originally featured in the Joe's Adventures DLC but was not included in the final product, though it remains in the game files. It was intended to be used for a mission involving a printery but was likely cut along with the mission.
- Broken Bottle - A melee weapon that was supposed to be included in Joe's Adventures. Like all melee weapons, it was cut.
- Knuckleduster - A weapon that was supposed to be included in Joe's Adventures. It was cut from the final product.
- Military Knife - A weapon that was supposed to be included in Joe's Adventures. Like all melee weapons, it was cut from the final version.
Information coming soon.