|Charlie's Service & Repair|
Charlie's Service & Repair is a chain of automotive mechanic and body shops that belong to Carlos Lopez, better known as Charlie. He runs the chain from his main office at Charlie's Service Station in Southport along with his mechanic and nephew Tommy.
Players can make repairs and customize many parts of their vehicles to their liking, including engine upgrades, color changes, wheels and tires and personalized license plates. With the installation of either The Betrayal of Jimmy or Jimmy's Vendetta the player will have one more level of engine upgrade and add custom paint jobs such as racing stripes and flames.
Repair the carEdit
Make your car as good as new
- Fully repairs your vehicle, the price depends on how damaged it is.
- If the vehicle is damaged no upgrades can be made until it's repaired, with the exception of changing the license plates.
Level 1: Basic tuning
Improves maximum power and top speed. Price depends on the vehicle and ranges between $358~$867.
Level 2: Sports tuning
Improves vehicle handling by lowering the weight and tightening the suspension. Price: $591~$1153.
Level 3: Super Charge
Only available with either of the Jimmy DLC's installed. Improves maximum power and top speed. Price: $752~$1475.
Total cost for all three upgrades: $1701~$3495.
- Main Article: Rims and Tires
Select new rims
- Changes the rims and tires of your car. They are divided into three classes:
- Dunniel Spinner - $70
- Dunniel Black Rook - $75
- Speedstone Alpha - $90
- Speedstone Beta - $95
- Speedstone Top Speed - $105
- Galahad Tiara - $114
- Galahad Silver Band - $119
- Speedstone Diabolica - $130
- Galahad Coronet - $134
- Galahad Gold Crown - $139
- Speedstone Pacific - $155
- Paytone Mistyhawk - $160
- The names listed are those of the tire brand, not the rim.
- Technically there are only two sets of rims, the Speedstone Top Speed and the Paytone Mistyhawk are both wire spoke rims. The rest are merely hubcaps over a painted stock wheel.
Change the platesEdit
Change the plates if you need to legalize your car
- Change your license plate to evade the police or suit your personality. Choose up to six characters with numbers 0-9 and letters A-Z. Each change costs $80.
Change the color to legalize your car. All modern colors - just pick your favorite.
- Each repaint costs $130~$164. There are 40 different colors to choose from, 20 in the 1940s era and another 20 are added in the 1950s.
|Ice White||Pale Face|
|Stone Gray||Minted Green|
|Rustic Brown||High Sierra|
|Forest Green||Candyfloss Pink|
|Scotch Mist||Burnt Umber|
|Scaledo Black||Bold Beige|
|Schmittou Brown||Sweet Chocolate|
|Indigo Night||Sea Spray|
Custom paint schemes come in two different sets depending on the type of vehicle.
- Set one: Greased lightning, Electric Flamingo, Wildfire, Nightfire and Hellfire.
- Set two: LeMans 5, Racing Team 127 and Empire Heat.
- Only available with either of the Jimmy DLC's installed.
Trivia & NotesEdit
- The paint dialogue states it's to "legalize your car", suggesting at one time in the games development you would have been required to repaint as well as change plates on a wanted vehicle.
- Vehicles can also be repaired in your garage for a price. In all three of the games DLC's your garage automatically repairs your car at no charge, however unlike the base game, the repair does not clean it.
- Entering a Body Shop automatically cleans your vehicle, this can be used as a quick way to get your car washed instead of using a car wash and sitting through the lengthy animation.