The Bombers are an African-American gang in Empire Bay. They operate out of Sand Island and Hunters Point, dealing mainly in drugs like marijuana and heroin. While not as influential as the mafia families, they are still a deadly force not to be trifled with. Their headquarters are in Hunters Point.
Not much is known about their origins, however since Vito was unaware of them upon returning to Empire bay in 1945, it can be assumed that the gang formed sometime after Vito's departure in 1943. The Bombers are heavily involved in the drug trade, with most members doing it themselves.
From 1950-51 a gang war had broken out between the Irish and the Bombers. The war weakened both gangs, while the three Italian mafia families profited by hiring members of the Irish and the Bombers to attack each other, effectively playing both sides against one another, while behind the scenes making thousands dollars from the event.
By the time of Vito's release from prison in 1951, the gang is significantly weakened, however they still hold a strong presence in their territories.
The Bombers are one of the least encountered gangs in the game, as there are only two missions that involve them. They're first encountered the day after Vito's return from war, when he tries to steal a Walter Coupe for Mike Bruski.
The Betrayal of Jimmy
- Elroy Tussle (Boss, deceased)
- Duke Tussle (Underboss, deceased)
- Daniel (Lieutenant, deceased)
- Charon (Enforcer, deceased)
- They are the only gang that are featured in the demo.
- They seem to frequent The Lone Star, a bar on the west side of town.
- The Bombers car and bar radios are usually tuned to Delta Radio.
- While there is no set uniform or gang colors, some of their members will be seen wearing porkpie hats and/or jackets with colored stripes on the sleeves.