It is based on the 1957 Ford Thunderbird.
- Basic Max. Power: 225 hp (167.8 kW)
- Top Speed: 112 mph (180 km/h)
- Weight: 1619 kg
- Motor 5115 c.c.
The above indicates that the Bolt Thower is a mid-size light car with a very powerful V8 engine giving it great all-around performance.
The Bolt-Thrower is available in the game mode Free Ride Extreme in Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven, where it can be obtained by completing the mission Invisible Man. After completing that mission it is also available in Free Ride.
- The car is seen in the final cutscene of Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven when Tommy Angelo is killed by Vito Scaletta and Joe Barbaro in 1951.
- The textures for the Bolt-Thrower in the game files are named "2cTBird", further implying the Ford Thunderbird influence.
- There's also an easter egg in which player has to shoot a small window on the West Marshal bridge. When the screen flashes get to the East Marshal bridge. If you have done it correctly there should be a red Bolt-Thrower waiting for you parked under the bridge.
- A variation of this car is available in Free Ride Extreme Safehouse called the Hillbilly 5.1.
- A variation of the this vehicle is seen in Mafia II as the Smith Thunderbolt, and Mafia III as the Smith Moray.