Big Break Cigarettes are a brand of tobacco products found in the Mafia Series.
They play a large role in The Wild Ones, where dialogue from Joe Barbaro suggests he's sold truckloads of them on several occasions for Eddie Scarpa. Civilians and newspaper criers can be heard mentioning a shipment of cigarettes going missing.
Big Break are the predominant brand of cigarettes sold in New Bordeaux. Billboards and vending machines can be seen in various locations across the city, and advertisements appear in national magazines like Playboy and Hot Rod.
By 1968, cigarettes are no longer a profitable venture for organized crime, as they've been replaced with more lucrative contraband like Cuban cigars and rum.
- The tobacco brand in Lost Heaven is "LuckyBird".
- Vito Scaletta smokes Big Break Blues.
- All of the cigarettes in the game are filter tips, which were considered a specialty item until 1954, even though the game takes place 1945-1951.
- From the radio ads it can be inferred that the Reds are full flavor cigarettes, Whites are light, and Blues are menthol.
- By 1968, Big Break cigarettes include a patented activated charcoal filter.
- Two of the game's main characters, Lincoln Clay and John Donovan, both smoke.